Are you competent to undertake the surveillance of our premises and the protection of our staff and visitors as a Security Guard? You will be responsible for detecting any suspicious behavior and preventing vandalism, thefts or other criminal behavior.
Earn $50,000 Annually as a Security Guard in Canada with VISA Sponsorship
As a security guard, you must be well-trained in surveillance and dealing with perpetrators. The ideal candidate will inspire respect and authority as well as possess a high level of observation.
The goal is to help the company in maintaining excellent working conditions by keeping our facilities safe and problem-free.
Responsibilities as a Security Guard
- To maintain order and establish presence, patrol the premises on a regular basis.
- Vehicles and individuals entering the property should be monitored and authorized.
- Remove any trespassers or wrongdoers from the area.
- After the procedures are completed, secure all exits, doors, and windows.
- Check security cameras on a regular basis to spot any disturbances or illegal activity.
- Look into persons for any questionable behavior or possessions.
- Investigate and appraise the issue in response to alarms.
Skills and requirements
- Proven security guard experience
- Legal criteria for area security and public safety should be understood.
- Excellent surveillance and observation skills Familiarity with report writing
- Tech-savvy with surveillance system experience
- Self-defense and First Aid/BLS training
- Security officer registration
- A high school diploma is mandatory.
Security Guard Supervisor at Xtreme Security Inc.
Surrey, BC, Canada
Salary: $20.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time
Start date: Starts as soon as possible
Vacancies: 5 vacancies
Verified by Canadian Government
This employer has applied for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to hire a foreign worker to fill labour or skills shortages on a temporary basis. Learn more.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Security Guard License
7 months to less than 1 year
- Supervise operation of mechanical equipment and machinery; Resolve work related problems;
- Prepare and submit progress and other reports; Handle emergency situations;
- Establish work schedules and procedures; Ensure smooth operation of computer equipment and machinery;
- Co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments;
- Arrange for maintenance and repair work;
- Assist clients/guests with special needs; Train staff/workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies;
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule (and possibly review) activities of workers
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Work under pressure; Standing for extended periods
Ability to Supervise
Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Reliability; Organized.
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the role of a security guard?
By keeping an eye out for risks, security guard protect a company’s personnel and assets. They conduct frequent security inspections on buildings and may be spotted at entry points to ensure that no intruders get access.
What are the tasks and obligations of a Security Guard?
A Security Guard is in charge of safeguarding property and personnel by patrolling the area and keeping a close watch on surveillance equipment. They check buildings to ensure that policies and procedures are followed, as well as preventing losses or damage by reporting any abnormalities that may develop, such as attempted theft of important goods.
What Qualifies a Security Guard?
Security guard must be able to communicate effectively. Knowing how to describe the intricacies of any event to whoever arrives on the scene aids them in making better judgments about how to manage things as they arise.
With whom does a Security Guard collaborate?
A Security Officer works with or under a Security Manager, who is in charge of the company’s security activities. A Security Officer may brief the manager on certain issues, with the more sophisticated components being handled by the manager.
Leave a Reply