In Lynnwood, Washington, there is a community college called Edmonds. Since its founding in 1967, it has offered a variety of programs leading to certificates or degrees. There are 28 computer laboratories, 9 scientific labs, 3 restaurants, 2 greenhouses, a digital recording studio, an art gallery, a theatre, a child care facility, and a gym on the more than 50-acre Lynwood complex.
In 2017, the college received approval to provide a Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Child, Youth, and Family Studies, in contrast to other institutions that only offer certificates and degrees for all of their programs. This is the company’s first Bachelor’s degree program. Accounting, Allied Health Education, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Computer Science, Culinary Arts, and other majors are among those offered by the institution.
The Washington State Board of Community and Technical Institution oversees the college and it is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. with community involvement, student achievement, and academic brilliance as its key values. There is no denying the college’s commitment to the academic achievement of its pupils.
Edmonds Community College’s expected tuition of $4,107 makes it accessible for families from middle-class and low-income backgrounds.
READ ALSO: Best Jobs in Canada For Foreign Immigrants
What makes Edmonds Community College appealing?
- The reasons why Edmonds Community College should be at the top of your list of Washington community colleges are as follows:
- Tuition is reasonable at Edmonds College compared to other community schools, making it more affordable. Low-income individuals and middle-class families may easily afford it with only $4,107 per year.
- The campus has been successful in meeting students’ basic requirements by offering 28 computer laboratories, 9 scientific labs, 3 restaurants, 2 greenhouses, a digital recording studio, an art gallery, a theatre, a child care facility, and a gym.
- High transfer rate: With a transfer rate of 36%, the institution is ideal for students looking to enrol in a university after completing a 2-year study. Seattle Times reported that compared to other colleges, community college transfer students at Washington’s universities are more likely to complete their bachelor’s degrees.
- High-level workforce training and quick skill acquisition; data indicates that the college has a workforce training rate of 46% and a quick skill acquisition rate of 11%. Simply put, this indicates that the institution has all the tools necessary to properly instruct its pupils.
- Reduced tuition for veterans and their dependents: The college is obligated to waive tuition for a veteran’s or national guard member’s kid, spouse, or domestic partner who was disabled while serving, was declared to be a prisoner of war, or passed away while doing his duty.
Requirements for Waiver of Tuition/Fee
- A disability letter approved by the govt
- Marriage certificate
- Birth certificate of dependent
- Service members death certificated (if the veteran died in active service)
READ ALSO: Best Websites To Find High Paying Jobs In Canada
Edmonds Community College’s requirements for admission
- Transcripts: High school experience is not necessary, however, it is possible to get credit for prior coursework. The school will get official transcripts for every year of study that has been completed. An English translation will be provided if the transcript is not in that language.
- Students are assessed for their English competence in order to determine which class they should be placed in.
- Graduation requirements: Students must pass their coursework and all needed tests in order to graduate from the high school programs. Successful students will get a high school diploma that satisfies Washington state requirements.
- The high school program will be available to students who can provide the following official results during their first quarter at Edmonds College.
- International TOEFL 480 PBT, 54 IBT, 157 CBT
- Edmonds College Institutional TOEFL 480
- IELTS Overall Band Score of 5.0 with at least 5.0 in each band
- ITEP Level 4
Admission Requirements for International Students at Edmonds Community College
With 1215 international students from 64 nations, Edmonds is undeniably welcoming to visitors. However, there are certain prerequisites for enrollment in the college, and they are as follows:
The applicant must be at least 16 years old to qualify. However, those who have finished high school or an equivalent and are 15 years old may be accepted.
English proficiency; passing a test to demonstrate this is not necessary for admission.
On the Edmonds community college website, an application form is available.
Canvas Edmond Community College
Edmonds Community College uses Canvas as its learning management system (LMS) for its online, hybrid, and web-enhanced courses. Assignments, grade verification, student cooperation, and other tasks are all handled via Canvas. The Edmonds College digital classroom uses Canvas. Using a web-based learning management system (LMS) like Canvas, teachers may publish course messages and manage course materials, assignments, and student information with a versatile set of tools.
READ ALSO: Easy Steps To Get a Canadian Work Visa in 2022
Jobs at Edmond Community College
The following positions are offered at Edmonds Community College:
- Campus Security Officer
- Custodian – Part Time Hourly
- Executive Assistant to the VP for Finance & Operations
- Family Advocate (Head Start & ECEAP)
- Foundation – Director of Finance
- HR Consultant 1
- Associate faculty in various departments
- Part Time Program Assistant – Enrollment Services
- Maintenance and Custodial Coordinator – Housing and Residence Life
- Line Cook – Part Time
Scholarships for Edmond Community College
Three groups of students each get a scholarship in the form of a tuition waiver. The awards are as follows:
- Scholarship for New Students in College or High School ($1,000); This scholarship is available to new students in Edmonds. An unofficial transcript from their previous school in English that includes at least one term’s worth of grades and a minimum 3.3GPA is required from applicants. Test results like the TOEFL or IGSCE are not accepted.
- Scholarship for Intensive ESL in College or High School ($300) The level 5 of the IESL program must have been completed by candidates for the intense ESL to college or high school scholarship, and they must be getting ready to transfer to a college or high school program. The following criteria must be met to qualify for this scholarship:
- Transcripts showing intensive ESL grades
- A copy of your class registration schedule showing a minimum of 12 credits
- A minimum of 3.5GPA
- Merit Scholarship for High School or College ($300) Candidates for merit scholarships for college or high school must be enrolled in a high school or college course. Conditions are;
- Submittal of unofficial Edmonds transcripts
- A score of at least 3.5GPA
- A copy of their most recent enrollment schedule demonstrating a minimum of 12 credits
For eligibility, all documentsmust include the student’s name and SID number.
You must be an international student with an f1/f2 visa to qualify for the award.
Applying for scholarships is done via the school official website. Fill out the scholarship application completely if it pertains to you.
Leave a Reply